It’s the Friday before Trick or Treating and I’m still working on costumes. I may or may not be slightly overwhelmed with all the festivities we have planned for this weekend and the next. I won’t bore you with all the details but after the last of the Halloween stuff this Sunday my house will become Christmas central for our annual craft weekend on the 6th. That means the whole house needs to be cleaned and decorated for Christmas by next Friday.
Pray for me friends. 🙂
With all that said, here are some links that I’m loving right now:
- We will be making this planner at Christmas crafts this year. It is super cute and cheap. Let’s hope it’s easy too.
- I can’t say enough about the book Miserly Moms: Living Well on Less in a Tough Economy by Jonni McCoy. It’s such a wonderful resource and the recipes are out of this world and easy. She also has a separate cookbook Healthy Meals for Less. You can pick it up from her site. A couple of our favorites are the Chicken Pot Pie and the Italian Spaghetti Sauce…and the homemade ranch dressing…I could go on and on…
- This post about mothering on the Resurgence by Jani Ortlund. Seriously good stuff.
- This YouTube video is pretty funny and maybe a little true. 🙂
- I’ve mentioned before that I meet with a group of high school girls on Saturday mornings. This week we are starting the book Lies Young Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Dannah Gresh. So far I am LOVING it! Our (and your) students are dealing with issues (or seeing their friends deal with them) that are uncomfortable and unpopular to talk about in the church, but need to be addressed. This book is a good conversation starter, but best done in a small group setting. Please don’t just hand them the book to read alone. It can be a useful tool but does not take the place of a parent speaking Truth in their life. There is also an online resource that is great. You really should check it out.
- What’s in the Bible has now relaunched their website with all kinds new perks!!! Go, look, enjoy.
See you soon, friends.